Operations and Finance Manager | Retail and Wholesale Outdoor Arms
REQUIREMENTS AND SCOPE OF DUTIES.
Are you an experienced retail /operations manager with a passion for firearms? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! We are looking for a new Operations and Financial Manager to take over from our current GM, who is moving to another division within the company. This role will oversee all aspects of the store, including the wholesale component for some high-end brands. So if you’re excited about driving profitable operations and executing a retail strategy, then we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Provide a premium customer experience when it comes to firearms.
- A strong understanding of retail and wholesale procurement and supplier relationship management.
- Financial Management, managing profitability, planning, and budgeting.
- Perform the full financial function, including accounting and drawing up monthly management accounts.
- Do cost calculations on all goods.
- Source quotes for international shipping.
- Weekly and monthly management reporting.
- Procurement, stock control, and merchandising.
- Promote customer Service.
- Accountable for day-to-day operations.
- Operational analysis.
- People Management.
- To uphold and promote the company values and culture.
- Handle daily responsibilities with managing a retail store and wholesale supplier relationships.
- Implementing strategies to increase sales goals and customer service, and operating objectives
- “Specialist” Outdoor Gear and Rifle product knowledge is a must.
- Successful track record in achieving turnover targets.
- Performing other tasks as assigned from time to time.
- Available to travel from time to time and attend trade show events.
- Fully bilingual in Afrikaans and English (Speak, read, write).
- Minimum of five years in retail store management.
- Must be computer Literate (experience in point-of-sale systems).
- A BCom degree in Accounting or Management Accounting
- Own transport and a valid driver’s license.
- Reside in Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, preferably.
- A competency to trade in firearms
- Market-related salary on offer.
Please note that if you have not been contacted within seven days, please consider your application unsuccessful.